ALA launches a new eLearning site
CHICAGO – The American Library Association today launched ALA eLearning, a new centralized web portal that brings together the most comprehensive digital professional development collection for library and information professionals.
As a leading provider of course content, webinars, and personalized e-learning content for library workers and library institutions of all types, ALA eLearning is designed to meet the evolving learning needs of the library and information community. The site will make it easy for library staff and institutional clients to find the content they need and to register for a wide range of events.
This fully accessible and mobile-friendly site offers many advantages, including a robust search capability and dynamic product listings. Other features include:
- Courses and webinars available in multiple digital formats to accommodate different learning styles, planning needs, and different levels of comfort with e-learning technology.
- Access to the comprehensive eLearning catalog of all ALA units, divisions and offices, as well as consistent event platforms and purchasing processes.
- The opportunity in the future to build coherent learning paths that will allow learners to follow and build on previous learning and experience.
- Discounted wholesale purchases that save libraries money when purchasing multiple seats for webinars.
- The ALA + Pass, which gives any member who is also a member of three or more divisions division member prizes on all products on the e-learning site.
“ALA eLearning brings together the association’s unmatched ability for education, enrichment and advancement in all types and services of libraries,” said Tracie Hall, Executive Director of ALA. “Our members demand content tailored to their needs, resonating with the communities they serve and suited to their schedules. We are incredibly proud to offer this new site in response to the evolution of the field and the amazing people who work there.
Learners can expect to find personalized content developed by leading ALA authors and instructors, highly engaging courses, and a mix of free and paid webinars, on-demand events, and asynchronous online courses. For more information on personalized eLearning events for your institution or region, and for special rates for group, bulk or institutional partnerships, please contact ALA Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the American Library Association
The American Library Association (ALA) is the leading national organization providing resources to inspire library and information professionals to transform their communities through essential programs and services. For over 140 years, ALA has been the trusted voice of libraries, championing the profession and the role of the library in improving learning and access to information for all. For more information, visit ala.org.