Marketing Manager at The School of St Jude in Tanzania
St Jude’s school is a pioneering leader in charitable education in Africa. We provide free and quality education for 1,800 students, hundreds of graduates have access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 public school students with quality teachers every year. St Jude’s is funded by generous donors from around the world who make possible our mission to give bright and poor Tanzanian students free, quality education.
Who are you
- You sincerely believe in the mission of the organization. Improving education is important to you and you understand the power that improving education can have on an individual, their community and their country.
- You enjoy marketing, communications, creating change and making an impact through your work.
- You are a natural storyteller with strong communication skills, especially writing and public relations.
- You have a solid background in thinking globally about an organization, its growth and how its mission can be described, shared and turned into fundraising.
- The idea of creating and measuring fundraising campaigns across a variety of channels energizes you.
- You are excited to understand the distinct language and culture of an organization and translate it into a local and international market.
- You are interested in leading, growing and developing a team that learns in the field of marketing.
- You have strong planning, prioritizing, and organizing skills, and you embrace a flexible, scalable plan to focus on the next most important thing.
- You fall asleep at night dreaming of creating the most informative, compelling, and engaging content.
What you gonna do
- As Chief Marketing Officer, you will develop and execute marketing campaigns, oversee the organization’s communications and fundraising activities, and foster awareness and engagement of St Jude with local and international audiences. .
- You will work within our head office to lead and support a diverse team of six, ensuring all work is tracked effectively and stakeholders are kept up to date with progress.
- You will have this innate ability to be able to understand and translate the school’s mission into well-crafted stories that resonate with supporters and generate donations.
- You will identify ways to increase the effectiveness of our digital marketing efforts, including paid advertising.
- You will develop marketing strategies, annual work schedules and create and manage the marketing budget.
- You will manage the design and production of all promotional material such as newsletters, brochures, sponsor and donor communications, social media and the school website.
- You will lead our brand, ensuring that all St Jude’s marketing materials align with our tone of voice, language and style guidelines.
What we are looking for
- More than 3 years of experience in a similar position at a similar level.
- Higher education degrees or equivalent experience in marketing, digital marketing, public relations or communications.
- Demonstrated success in executing marketing and fundraising activities, particularly in the charitable sector.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to write and edit content across a variety of channels.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing high quality, targeted communication and marketing materials using language guidelines.
- Proven ability to contribute to a cohesive team environment by sharing information, supporting team priorities and ensuring open communication.
- Experience using Google Analytics, collecting and reporting digital data.
- Experience in digital marketing campaign including paid social media advertising.
- Naturally curious, he enjoys troubleshooting and finding creative solutions.
- A born leader with strong organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail and an ability to manage time effectively
- Comfortable liaising at all levels with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in fundraising or non-profit marketing roles, particularly marketing to a Tanzanian / East African audience as well as an international audience.
- Leadership experience or training.
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Cloud suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Commitment to fight poverty through education and previous experience in the non-profit sector.
- Understanding and experience with CRM systems, email generators and content management systems (WordPress).
- Team player who likes to share ideas with a positive and optimistic attitude, you like to create challenges and have a great sense of humor!
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up-to-date curriculum vitae via the button below. Please include the job title and reference number in your application: TSOSJ / HR / ADM / MKT / 03/20
Applications close on Friday, November 21, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here for more details: www.schoolofstjude.org/vacancies/head-of-marketing